Executive Development in Policing Program
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|$ 7,200.00||$ 825.00||$ 744.48||$ 8,769.48|
|$ 9,200.00||$ 825.00||$ 744.48||$ 10,769.48|
This program is for aspiring executive leaders in law enforcement. It is comprised of four courses offered over a one year period and challenges participants to expand their executive level strategic leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities. The focus is on self-reflection, strategic thinking and building individual, team and organizational competencies to address the unique challenges facing law enforcement. Students have the unique opportunity to network with senior ranked law enforcement executives in Canada and internationally.
Format and delivery
Length of course: 12 months
Class size: maximum 24 students
Delivery setting: online, classroom in Ottawa and off-site in Canada, Hong Kong or otherwise indicated.
- Understanding how to reflect upon and improve yourself as an executive police leader.
- Developing your executive organizational strategic abilities in such areas as police accountability, performance measurement, development and planning.
- Strengthening your executive communication skills (interpersonal, team, strategic, media, and public officials).
- Demonstrating executive ethical leadership.
- Learning from classmates, police chiefs and commissioners, while acquiring a greater appreciation for the role and responsibilities of a senior police leader.
- Designing and developing a comprehensive strategic change initiative that will improve service delivery in your organization while strengthening your analytical, critical thinking, and research skills.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- This program is designed for senior law enforcement leaders and decision makers at the inspector or superintendent level or an equivalent.
- Registrants must have completed the Senior Police Administration Course or an equivalent management and leadership course.
- Registrants must submit a registration form, an up-to-date curriculum vitae, and a written letter from your executive sponsor explaining:
- why the developmental program is needed and how you and your organization will benefit from it
- which change initiative your organization will support along with a brief description
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Students must attend all online and in class segments of each course to successfully complete the program and receive a certificate.
- Various evaluation methods are used for each course:
- Course 1 - written assignments, online discussions, and learning contract
- Course 2 - learning journey, case study with presentation, and written assignment
- Course 3 - online discussions, strategic change initiative
- Course 4 - online discussions, strategic change initiative, written assignment and presentation
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the program instructor.
The graduates of the college's Executive Development in Policing program are eligible for credits toward specific graduate programs at Charles Sturt University and at Wilfrid Laurier University. For more information, please refer to the Transfer credits section.
- For more details or other information about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: