Security Screening Interview Techniques Course
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|$ 3,200.00||$ 380.00||$ 300.00||$ 3,880.00|
The Canadian Police College (CPC) four-day Security Screening Interview Techniques Course (SSITC) will provide candidates with a fresh and comprehensive set of skills to maximize their effectiveness while conducting Security Screening Interviews, Applicant Interviews and Contractor Interviews. The course incorporates current research and best interview practices related to: planning and preparation, interview techniques, and interview analysis. The course allots a significant amount of time to role-playing scenarios exercises.
The purpose of the SSITC is to develop the knowledge and skills of course participants in relation to current best practices for conducting Security Screening Interviews, Applicant Interviews and Contractor Interviews. The primary goal of conducting Security Screening, Applicant and Contractor Interviews is to gather complete, accurate and pertinent information. The SSITC is adaptive in its pursuit of the truth while at all times being respectful of legal and individual human rights. The SSITC will assist Security Screening, Applicant and Contractor interviewers in obtaining accurate information in an ethical manner.
The objective of this four (4) day course is to provide participants with the tools to plan for and conduct effective Security Screening Interviews, Applicant and Contractor Interviews. Following several requests from agencies who currently conduct Security Screening Interviews, the Canadian Police College (CPC) has developed the Security Screening Interview Techniques Course (SSITC).
Agencies requesting this course include: Recruiting (Domestic Police Agencies); Recruiting (RCMP); and Security Investigations (RCMP, CSIS, CSE and DND).
The key themes of the course include:
- Interviewing Fundamentals
- Biases and Prejudice
- Preparation and Introduction
- Question Development Techniques
Upon completion of this course, successful participants will be able to:
- prepare to conduct a Security Screening Interview
- conduct a Security Screening Interview
- conduct interviews in a legal and ethical manner
- utilize memory-enhancing techniques
- utilize effective questioning techniques
- review and assess information obtained
- write a fact-based report
Format and delivery
- Length of course
- 4 days
- Class size
- maximum 16 students, 4 syndicate leaders, ratio of one syndicate leader per 4 students
- Delivery setting
- In person, theoretical portions are delivered in a classroom, practical sessions are conducted in syndicate rooms.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and successful completion of all required assignments and evaluations
- Various evaluation methods are used including written tests and practical evaluations
- Written examinations require a minimum score of 70% to receive a passing grade
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
Other services and courses
The Security Screening Interview Techniques Course (SSITC) is offered at the CPC in Ottawa however, consideration to deliver courses at other locations will be made on a case by case basis. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
For more details or other information about the course, please email email@example.com.
- Date modified: