Violent Offenders Behaviours
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|$ 2,025.00||$ 475.00||$ 375.00||$ 2,875.00|
This course is designed to improve knowledge of violent offender behaviour as it relates to homicides, sexual assaults, unidentified human remains, preferential and situational child molesters, stalking, threat assessments, mental health and the relationship to criminal offending, and the identification of other observed behaviour.
Format and delivery
- Length of course
- 5 days
- Class size
- maximum 32 students
- Delivery setting
- theoretical components are offered in classroom; practical components are done in syndicate rooms
- Knowledge of criminal profiling.
- Ability to further investigations, through an understanding of violent offender behaviour.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- All participants who successfully complete the VOB course and plan to register for the ViCLAS course later on will have to complete the ViCLAS course in its entirety including full tuition fee, regardless if you have successfully completed the (VOB) course prior to registering in the ViCLAS.
- New ViCLAS Specialists are "not to apply" or "will not be accepted" for this one week VOB and are to complete their training on the three week Specialist course.
- This course is offered to police and civilians employed by police services. Priority is given to those working in a specialized unit responsible for investigating violent crimes against persons and to those identified to participate in the ViCLAS course.
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including a behavioural analysis written exam.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
The graduates of the college's Violent Offenders Behaviours course are eligible for credits towards the Bachelor of Arts in Policing at Wilfrid Laurier University. For more information, please refer to the Transfer credits section.
For more details or other information about the course, please email email@example.com.
- Date modified: