Violent Crime Linkage Analysis System
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|$ 5,275.00||$ 1,805.00||$ 1,425.00||$ 8,505.00|
The Violent Crime Linkage Analysis System (ViCLAS) is a tool used to identify offenders of multiple violent crimes. This course provides students with key information and tools on how to conduct analysis on the ViCLAS system and how to interpret the results. The course also provides insight into the application of ViCLAS analysis to homicides, attempted homicides, sexual assaults, attempted sexual assault, missing persons where foul play is suspected, non-parental abductions, false allegations of sexual assault or attempted murder, and child luring.
Format and delivery
- Length of course
- 15 days
- Class size
- maximum 20 students
- Delivery setting
- theoretical component are offered in classroom; practical components involving scenarios are conducted in a computer lab with access to the ViCLAS computer system
- Ability to use the ViCLAS computer program to conduct a thorough case analysis.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- All participants that register for the ViCLAS course will have to complete the course in its entirety including full tuition fee, regardless if you have successfully completed the stand-alone Violent Offenders Behaviour course (VOB) course prior to registering in the ViCLAS.
- This course is offered to employees of a recognized law enforcement agency and be employed in a ViCLAS centre.
- Analysis should be listed as a primary job function.
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including written exam, ViCLAS exercise, and oral board exercise.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
The graduates of the college's Violent Crime Linkage Analysis System course are eligible for credits towards the Bachelor of Arts in Policing at Wilfrid Laurier University. For more information, please refer to the Transfer credits section.
For more details or other information about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: