Specialized Vehicle Theft Investigative Techniques Course
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|$ 4,325.00||$ 475.00||$ 375.00||$ 5,175.00|
Thieves are using increasingly sophisticated methods in stealing vehicles, particularly criminals with ties to organized crime and to terrorist groups. Investigators must be able to apply a professional approach to vehicle theft investigation, which means they must be trained in the newest investigative techniques and be prepared to conduct highly technical and complex investigations.
Format and delivery
- Length of course
- 5 days
- Class size
- maximum 24 students
- Delivery setting
- theoretical component are offered in classroom; practical components are delivered at Ottawa and local facilities
- Knowledge of the procedures used to obtain legally admissible evidence in a vehicle theft investigation and how to present this evidence in court.
- Ability to identify vehicles that have been stolen, including autos, heavy equipment vehicles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles and water craft.
- Knowledge of methods used to combat organized crime groups whose operations are national and international in scale.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- This course is offered to law enforcement personnel and investigators who must investigate vehicle, thefts, including automobile, truck, motorcycle, heavy equipment, and recreational vehicle and watercraft thefts.
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including testing during practical exercises and a written exam.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
For more details or other information about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: