Critical Incident Scribe
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|$ 1,925.00||$ 475.00||$ 350.60||$ 2,750.60|
|$ 2,775.00||$ 475.00||$ 350.60||$ 3,600.60|
Scribes are located within crisis negotiations units and use different high-tech approaches to make notations and record events from start to finish. Scribes are vital in reconstructing an event, including the reasoning behind the decision making process. This course focuses on the key responsibilities that a scribe holds within the incident command system. It teaches and demonstrates the importance of developing and maintaining an accurate and complete record of the actions and activities of the Incident Commander.
Format and delivery
Length of course: 5 days
Class size: maximum 18 students
Delivery setting: theoretical portions are offered in classroom; practical exercises take place in syndicate rooms.
- Understanding of pre-incident responsibilities
- Ability to produce chronological, written records that support the Incident Commander process
- Ability to finalize notes at the end of the incident
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- This course is offered to regular members, civilian members, and public service employees
- Registrants must have successfully completed the Incident Command Systems (ICS) 100 – Justice Institute online course. (Note: The Introduction to Incident Management System (IMS) 100 online course, offered by Emergency Management Ontario, is the equivalent to the pre-requisite of ICS 100.)
- Registrants must have an enhanced security clearance or equivalent requirement for scribes within your agency
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College
- Only potential participants with a supporting recommendation letter from the Scribe Coordinator of your respective police service will be considered. In absence of a Scribe Coordinator, you may provide a supporting letter from your Incident Command Coordinator
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments
- Various evaluation methods are used, including testing in practical scenarios
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor
- For more details or other information about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: