Major Crime Investigative Techniques Course
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|22-01W English||CPC West||2022-02-07||2022-02-18|
|22-06W English||CPC West||2022-10-24||2022-11-04|
|$ 3,575.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 900.00||$ 5,615.00|
This course is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to investigate some of the most serious offences in the Criminal Code. This course provides investigators with different advanced investigative techniques as well as the relevant knowledge, management skills and investigative abilities to perform their function as primary investigator on a major crime.
Format and delivery
- Length of course
- 10 days
- Class size
- maximum 30 students
- Delivery setting
- Knowledge of different advanced investigative techniques.
- Understanding how to apply Major Case Management principles as they relate to the role and responsibilities of the primary investigator.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- This course is offered to peace officers serving in a specialized unit responsible for investigating major and complex crimes.
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including a written exam.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
For more details or other information about the course, please email email@example.com.
- Date modified: