Police Explosives Technicians Validation Course
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|$ 4,975.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 841.44||$ 6,956.44|
|$ 9,950.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 841.44||$ 11,931.44|
The course is for Police Explosives Technicians (PETs) who require recertification. RCMP PETs are required to successfully complete this course within three to five years of initial qualification of the Police Explosives Technicians and Radiography (PETC), and each subsequent period thereafter. The same is recommended for PETs from other police services. The validation course ensures continued competence in the skills and procedures previously acquired in the PETC and updates students on new equipment, procedures and devices being encountered in the field.
Format and delivery
Length of course: 10 days
Class size: maximum 12 students
Delivery setting: theoretical components are delivered in classroom; practical components are conducted at the explosives range.
- Ability to interpret x-ray images and to identify components of an improvised explosive device (IED).
- Ability to use disrupter weapons on improvised explosives devices.
- Ability to use the appropriate equipment and follow safety protocols and procedures when at the explosives range.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- The course is offered to Police Explosives Technicians who require recertification.
- The course must be completed within three years of initial qualification of the Police Explosives Technicians and Radiography (PETC), and each subsequent three year period thereafter.
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments, written and practical.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including a group presentation and individual briefing note submission.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
- For more details or other information about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: